.

.

Welcome to the House of Flavors

A little bit background - because of a chronic stomach condition, I haven't been able to eat ice cream in ten years. TEN YEARS. Imagine my suffering.

But after years of seeing a nutritionist and trying dozens of different diets and herbal remedies, my stomach has slowly been healing, and I am once again able to eat frozen deliciousness made from milk and cream and sugar. I am ecstatic, which I'm sure any ice cream lover can understand.

When I discovered I could once again eat ice cream without getting sick, I came up with the brilliant idea that I would undertake an epic taste test of Ben & Jerry's dozens of ice cream flavors. And starting with this original taste test, this blog is where I record and review all results of my ice cream taste testing adventures. Enjoy my rapturous observations about each delicious flavor and please feel free to share your own opinions in the comments section!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Jam Session

My love for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is boundless. The creamy delicious texture of that nutty spread, preferably with crunchy peanuts scattered throughout. The contrast of the sweet fruity flavor or raspberry or strawberry or cherry jam or jelly. My husband thinks that my gastronomic rapture over such a boring staple of a first grader's diet is downright silly, but I'm not talking about a PB&J made by a stingy mom who scrapes the thinnest possible layers of peanut butter and jam across some thin, dry bread. Those are the kinds of sandwiches that leave you gasping for a gulp of juice (because milk won't even clear away that dry bread caked to the roof of your mouth). When I talk about loving PB&J, though, I'm talking about a thickly spread, gooey sandwich that oozes PB and drips jam over your fingers as you consume about as many calories as can be had in a Big Mac. Now that's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Although not as gooey (unless the ice cream is melting), Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Jam Session is a similarly satisfying gastronomic experience. The lighter nutty flavor of the peanut butter ice cream, the slightly stronger flavor of the peanut butter swirl and the crunchy little peanuts, amd the sweetness of the raspberry jam swirl make a perfectly wonderful combination as reminiscent of eating an actual PB&J as I can possibly imagine.

But no chocolate?  No chocolate whatsoever in Peanut Butter Jam Session.  Yet this flavor is fully deserving of 5 stars and a permanent spot in my freezer, right next to Ben & Jerry's Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch.  I don't think I've ever found an ice cream that has absolutely no chocolate and yet satisfies my taste buds so completely as Peanut Butter Jam Session.

Want a second opinion on Peanut Butter Jam Session?  Visit On Second Scoop and check out their review.

Special note: this flavor is carried exclusively at Target. 

No comments:

Post a Comment