.

.

Welcome to the House of Flavors

A little bit background - because of a chronic stomach condition, I haven't been able to eat ice cream in ten years. TEN YEARS. Imagine my suffering.

But after years of seeing a nutritionist and trying dozens of different diets and herbal remedies, my stomach has slowly been healing, and I am once again able to eat frozen deliciousness made from milk and cream and sugar. I am ecstatic, which I'm sure any ice cream lover can understand.

When I discovered I could once again eat ice cream without getting sick, I came up with the brilliant idea that I would undertake an epic taste test of Ben & Jerry's dozens of ice cream flavors. And starting with this original taste test, this blog is where I record and review all results of my ice cream taste testing adventures. Enjoy my rapturous observations about each delicious flavor and please feel free to share your own opinions in the comments section!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Ben & Jerry's Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch

My epic Ben & Jerry's Taste Test officially begins with Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch. I give this amazing flavor 5 stars because after being unable to eat ice cream or drink coffee for a torturous ten years, the creamy coffee flavor of the ice cream combined with the fudge-covered toffee pieces tastes like HEAVEN to this former coffee barista.

First of all, the toffee pieces make this flavor the epitome of a Ben & Jerry's chunky ice cream flavor.  I'm a big fan of toffee and usually end up sampling all eight flavors at the toffee maker's booth each time our local street fair sets up in town, so the chunks in Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch are a huge treat for me.  And oh, what chunks they are... these absolutely monstrous pieces of toffee are larger than pieces of anything else that I've found in any other Ben & Jerry's flavor.  Take a look at the size of the chunks that Ben & Jerry's is dumping into their batches of Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch (pictured to the right and below).




Even without the fudge-covered toffee pieces, though, I could eat a ton of this creamy coffee-flavored ice cream all day long. Or I can just take a spoonful or two at breakfast in order to sweeten the taste in my mouth and give myself a boost for the day. (My increased energy may be due to nothing more than the placebo effect, but since my stomach still isn't strong enough to hand actual coffee, I'll take it!)  I have no idea how coffee-flavored ice creams made by other brands compare to Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch, which might be worth investigating eventually. But in any event, the toffee pieces put Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch at the top of my list over any of the other flavors that I have sampled in my preliminary tastings.

My husband doesn't care for Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch, though, because he thinks the toffee pieces are too sweet.  But it's important to know that he thinks toffee is too sweet in general.  In the end, whether or not you like Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch may come down to whether or not you generally like toffee.  But for a toffee lover and/or a coffee lover, Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch is just about the best treat that I can imagine.

Want a second opinion about Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch?  Visit On Second Scoop and read their review.



No comments:

Post a Comment