.

.

Welcome to the House of Flavors

A little bit background - because of a chronic stomach condition, I haven't been able to eat ice cream in ten years. TEN YEARS. Imagine my suffering.

But after years of seeing a nutritionist and trying dozens of different diets and herbal remedies, my stomach has slowly been healing, and I am once again able to eat frozen deliciousness made from milk and cream and sugar. I am ecstatic, which I'm sure any ice cream lover can understand.

When I discovered I could once again eat ice cream without getting sick, I came up with the brilliant idea that I would undertake an epic taste test of Ben & Jerry's dozens of ice cream flavors. And starting with this original taste test, this blog is where I record and review all results of my ice cream taste testing adventures. Enjoy my rapturous observations about each delicious flavor and please feel free to share your own opinions in the comments section!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ben & Jerry's Lemonade Sorbet

As I have explained in my last few posts, my husband and I went to Washington DC over the weekend to visit friends, and I was thrilled to find that the Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, had a bunch of flavors that I haven't tasted yet. You can imagine my excitement.

My tasting of Lemonade Sorbet was my first encounter with Ben & Jerry's sorbet, and it only made me crave more. Whereas B&J's Liz Lemon Greek Froyo is lighter than many of their rich ice creams, Lemonade Sorbet was positively refreshing. If you think that all lemon flavorings are the same, you absolutely need to taste these two desserts. Compared to Liz Lemon, which is still fairly sweet due to the Blueberry Lavender swirl, Lemonade Sorbet has a distinctly tangy flavor that would be my favorite choice for a truly hot summer day. It was a little amazing to me how accurately this sorbet replicates not just the flavor of lemons, but specifically the flavor of lemonade. There isn't anything creamy about this flavor at all - it tastes like pure, icey fruitiness. Because the flavor is so simple, I can't think of much more to say, except that for its tangy, refreshing quality, Lemonade Sorbet gets 4.5 stars. This will probably be my go-to flavor in July and August next year, when the temperature climbs past 90 and I need something to cool me down.

Oh, and have I mentioned yet that I also picked up some fun Ben & Jerry's lip balm while I was at the scoop shop in Alexandria? The balm itself isn't anything special - I think I would rather use Lipsmackers if I wanted some chocolate flavored chapstick, to be honest. But because I love my B&J's so much, it was worth $2 a pot to have the cute little Ben & Jerry's lip balm.



No comments:

Post a Comment